About Me

My photo
Role model for the youth of America.

Friday, February 17, 2012

The "My Name is Earl" motel

5 years ago I visited the motel from "My Name is Earl".




I arrived at the motel October 23, 2007 and I was stunned to find a camera crew setting up to shoot My Name Is Earl.

I drove by the motel a bunch of times and tried to sneak a few photos:


The next day I returned to find that the film crew was gone. Here are some photos I was able to take:

This first one shows the pool, which is often showcased in the show. I remember hearing on the DVD commentary track that they have to "muddy" the water in the pool with some dye so the pool looks extra dirty.

That doesn't explain the set of toilets next to the pool. I wonder if they ALWAYS have toilets by the pool. That would be rather convenient.


It is located at 8424 Sepulveda Boulevard, North Hills, Los Angeles, California.





View Larger Map

4 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. buy dvd bull season 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. buy dvd the americans season 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!Free Mockup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. Free Mockup

    ReplyDelete